Posts Tagged ‘food’

China cook: poisoning that killed 6 accidental

Tuesday, November 20th, 2007

Chinese errorCook kills himself, five others by making rat poison dumplings

Hubei Province, China, security officials said the poisoning deaths of six people were the result of a highly toxic rat poison being misused: a “chef” mistook rat poison for flour and mixed it into the dough he was using to make rice dumplings.
Two elderly people died within 20 minutes of eating the dumplings and six others were hospitalized soon after with symptoms of poisoning. The mistake was made by Chen Ruyan, who died too.
China is in the middle of a major crackdown on food and product safety in order to safeguard the health of its citizens and to prevent any further damage to its export reputation.
In a chinese restaurant, before starting to eat wait and see at the near table if they are feeling well…

Modern Toilet restaurant in Taiwan

Sunday, November 18th, 2007

Modern toilet

A diner in the capital of Taiwan is attracting clients with toilet humour: a chain of 12 restaurants with a toilet theme has opened in Taiwan. Seats in the Modern Toilet restaurants are toilet-shaped and napkins are dispensed from toilet rolls on tables. Enthusiastic customers get the opportunity to eat from mini plastic toilet bowls and wipe their hands and mouths using toilet rolls hung above their tables.

“Every detail tells you it’s a bathroom, not a restaurant. But it’s fun to eat here,” said one diner at a Taipei city outlet. Well, hoping the food will be better than the location…

The most expensive dessert in restaurant closed because of rats and roaches

Sunday, November 18th, 2007

The infamous Upper East Side dessert restaurant Serendipity 3 was closed Wednesday when Health Department inspectors found rat droppings, a live mouse and more than 100 roaches. The restaurants was famous and original: recently the cost of a menĂ¹ with particular dessert was of 25,000 dollars! An inspection Wednesday night found the restaurant crawling with cockroaches, mice and flies. Inspectors spotted a live mouse and mouse droppings in many areas of the restaurant, which is usually better known for its lavish desserts, like frozen hot chocolate.An inspector spotted a live mouse and mouse droppings, flies and more than 100 live cockroaches, the department said.

Strange to say, but maybe the MacDonalds is better…